View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Liked 14,508 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
The more I look at your 28-2 the more I want one for a house gun for the wifey! I'd fill it with .38Special +P's and take them both to the range to get better acquainted, the wife and the revo that is, hahaha!

Man that is a sexy revolver. I used to be a 1911 and CZ nut... still am a bit of I guess; but the last 5 buys have been 3 vintage Smith "J's" and 2 new "N" frames. They just seem to have more character and charm to them than semi-auto's. And the fact I can shoot mild to wild loads with a proper crimp there is no problem as long as I stay in line with the manuals! Did I mention I love your "Highway-Patrolman" revo?

I bet you feel a bit of a difference between recoil impulse going from .44mag to .357mag don't you? It's more of a quick flip in the wrists the .357 for me as opposed to a hard push with the .44mag. YMMV... Either way, nice find. I'm going to an estate sale this weekend, fingers crossed!
Thanks for the kind words. Shooting 38 spl outta the HP is a pure joy. I think the wife will enjoy that, especially if you put rubber grips on for her. So far, I've only shot it with the magnas and they've done me fine. As far as comparison to the 44 mag, I load mine down to between 950-1000 fps so you're right, it's more of a push than the snap of a 357 mag.

You are correct too about the character the revolvers have compared to the plastic guns. It's like each one has a story to tell. The plastic guns have their place I guess but they're all like George Foreman's kids...named George. 1911s do have their own personality and I never appreciated them until I shot one & now have 3 in the safe.

BTW, are you in Roswell with the little green guys or in Roswell, Ga? I need to tag along to some of these estate sells you've been scoring on!