Thread: 66 3" find
View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 06:30 PM

Liked 1,381 Times in 160 Posts
Default 66 3" find

I was at my LGS about a week ago and one of the guys asked if I wanted to go in the back to see what they had waiting to come out on consignment (In California, dealers have to hold the guns for 30 days before they can put them out for sale, I think they run the s/n through the local PD). I looked through the shelves and was just about to leave when I saw a gun rug just sticking out of the bottom shelf. Pulled it out and opened it up and there was 66-2 3"! The gun looked pretty sad though as it had some rust. But, I couldn't tell if was only surface rust or was pitted. I had to wait for the owner to give me a price so I stopped in few days later. He said he had the 66 in the ultrasonic cleaner and would give me a price once it came out, depending on the condition. Stopped by today and this is what they brought out. Looks much better than I thought it would and only has a slight hint of very light pitting. The action is smooth and tight. Price out the door was $890. Thanks to California law, I'll have to wait 10 days to pick it up. I think it was well worth it.

Last edited by D1911; 05-11-2018 at 06:33 PM.
The Following 28 Users Like Post: