Thread: Recoil question
View Single Post

Old 05-12-2018, 02:30 PM

Liked 520 Times in 210 Posts

Part of my problem is I have a really sweet load worked up for my glocks. I have been running 90 grain 380 ball over 6.4 grains (max charge) of CFE out of a 9mm. Cycles great and handles like a kitten. This resulted in me getting a little spoiled.

My old preferred loading for my 41 mag was actually a 41 special loading. I used 15.0 grains of IMR 4227 in a 41 special case, pushing a coated 215 SWC from Missouri bullet co. It was running around 900 FPS out of the 2 5/8ths barrel. This load out shot any other handgun loading that I have ever developed for any of my guns. As an added bonus, there was very little low light flash.

However, I have found that with an elbow injury, I have slightly decreased grip ability. The strength is still there, but if I squeeze hard that translates into pain in the elbow. Now it seems anything with a higher bore axis beats the crud out of the web/thumb of the shooting hand because I cannot get torqued down on the gun the way I used to.

Since I miss my revolver so much, I am looking at building a real slow and soft round and trying to work back to my preferred load. Right now I am loading 200 grain DEWC with unique (I can't remember if they were 5.0 or 6.0) and they are ok for now. Its still early spring, so playing around is most of the fun.