View Single Post

Old 05-12-2018, 08:59 PM

Liked 12,275 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
You know... it never really ocurred to me that an "N" frame could be outfitted with Magna's and a Tyler-T because I'm new to "N's" and have never seen them come with Magna's... But I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't have a set of "N" frame, OEM Magna's and a matching Tyler-T here by this time next week to go on my beloved 629... I love the 629-6 Deluxe grips but they could be improved. I carried the "J" frame I started this thread with today to a kids birthday party my daughter went to at "Stars-N'-Strikes"; that's is in a real "Shart-Stained" part of town just outside Roswell... across the river. Bowled 20+ frames in Khakis and a Polo with the kids and nobody was the wiser. The Magna's and Tyler-T's are a real Gem!

ETA: I love every piece you posted as pics. Is that a 2.5" barreled .44mag/special? If it is...Awww man I hunted one just like that for almost a year but couldn't source one for under $1400. And none were in as good a shape as yours is... So I happily settle on a 629-6 with a 3" barrel. I love that bottom pictured .357 Highway-Patrolman as well. Thanks again for the pics as you've given me the inspiration to set up my N frames with Magna's and a Tyler-T!
The .44 is a 629-6 that was a special run for Camfour Distributors. It is a 2.5 inch .44 magnum with fixed sights. S&W also did a run of 629-5 fixed sight guns for Camfour. I also have a three inch Lew Horton Mag Comp (also called Carry Comp) but don't have a photo of it now. It is a fixed sight gun also. The front sight is set back and there is a comp in front of it. This gun wears Ahrends Retro Banana grips. The last photo is not a Model 28. It is a 27-2 with a 3.5 inch barrel.

Last edited by WCCPHD; 05-12-2018 at 09:01 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: