View Single Post

Old 05-12-2018, 09:01 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

You compared that gun to Miss America in a Corvette.

I have felt for years that Miss America contestants are not as lovely across the board as those in the Miss Universe pageant. The present Miss Universe, formerly Miss South Africa, Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, is a prime example. Check her out on YouTube, where you can see the entire pageant, as well as the entire Miss South Africa pageant, which she won. She is a remarkable young woman, very quick - witted, articulate, and easygoing. Doesn't seem at all stuck up, despite her beauty and wealth, which seems considerable. (You can also see her house and cars on YouTube.) And I like her Afrikaans (Cape Dutch) accent!

Miss A. seems a stuffier, more PC pageant.

If a Model 28 is Miss America in a Corvette, a Model 27 is Miss Universe in a Mercedes-Benz.

I've owned both. (Guns, not girls.) I think it's a good comparison.

But you have a really nice M-28, with better bluing than some.
Frankly, I wouldn't sell it, even to get a M-27. I'd buy the M-27, too. Seeing as this is about guns, not girls, you wouldn't risk a bigamy charge if you have both.

BTW, I found the N-frame .357's much easier to shoot really well when they have six-inch barrels. In your case, that M-28 looks so good that I think I'd keep it for average wear and buy a six-inch M-27, for wilderness wear and hunting. But I wouldn't push a .357 by using it on deer or javelina or coyotes much beyond 75 yards. And closer is better, unless you stumble on a marijuana patch and the owners open fire from a distance.

Last edited by Texas Star; 05-12-2018 at 09:26 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: