Thread: Model 469
View Single Post

Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 PM

Liked 380 Times in 136 Posts

From DCW:
One of my resources when on the hunt for specific firearms is Collectors Firearms in Houston, Texas. I've bought S&W handguns there (indeed, most recently a Model 39 just two weeks past) and often compare Collectors' handguns to those I'm pondering.

They're good people at Collectors, do things totally right and are pretty particular about what they put on the Web. As such, you'll find the prices they quote generally are on a higher end of the price scales. Click on this link Smith & Wesson 469 9mm caliber pistol for sale. and it'll take you to a Collectors' Model 469, one of a few they have on hand.

I'm glad you've had good experiences at Collectors. I won't paint with a broad brush, only say that I and a few people I know have had experiences which were less than good at that store.
As far as that 469, it had better be in excellent condition for almost $700. The listing doesn't mention a box, the paperwork, and original equipment, all of which add value, of course. The other 469 prices, all north of $500, also seem high to me.
One good thing about Collectors is their massive inventory. I love to browse there even if I won't buy.
In Ft Bend County, I picked up today a 469 in what I consider very good condition for $250 out the door. One mag, no box, serial number in the TAE range. The salesman was happy at the price and so am I.
The Following User Likes This Post: