View Single Post

Old 05-13-2018, 11:15 AM

Liked 7,379 Times in 2,512 Posts

I got one of these myself back in 2015, they make great little plinkers.

My only issue with them are the matte black finish on the "blued" model which is neither attractive nor durable and the heavy 17lb DA trigger. One of these days I'd like to Durablue mine to give it a more classic look.

A bit of advice though, stay away from the Walther Forums, they're biased as hell against this particular model of the gun, and thus do nothing but bash it. Worse yet is the fact that most of the folks bashing it have never so much as held one in their hands much less fired one, ergo everything they say about them is fueled by complete ignorance rather than factual first-hand experience. Furthermore, they'll outright lie about them, making outrageous claims about their slides cracking, but so far I have yet to see so much as a single report online of such a thing actually happening, and when pressed for evidence they cite early models of the Walther P22, which is a completely different firearm which predates the PPK/S .22, has long since been strengthened to prevent the slide from cracking, and best of all, based on reports I've read, such cracks only occurred as a byproduct of catastrophic ammo failure which would have damaged a Steel or Aluminum slide as well. So yeah, avoid the Walther Forums.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: