View Single Post

Old 05-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Liked 777 Times in 407 Posts

On the subject of: FTF (in this case, Failure To Feed) problems with the Shield.45; I believe a large portion of the problem stems from the fact that the rounds are not fully seated in the magazine. this causes the round to "nose dive" into the front of the mag. I think most are aware that the "Stripper rail" (the long rib on the bottom of the slide) has machined swirl marks on it from the factory that were introduced on the Shield 45, the Shield 9 & 40 do not. These were added to help seat the next round back in the mag before stripping it into chamber. Unfortunately it does not always work.
I found that when I load the mags, if I slap the back of the loaded mag against the palm of my hand, it will drive the loaded rds. to the back of the mag. It works for me! I have well over 1,500 rds through my Shield.45 and never have a failure to feed. Incidentally, all my mags still have the original non-modified followers! I hope this is of some help to you who are still having difficulties with this problem!
I learned this trick from fellow forum member, Jessie in his post #20.

Last edited by martybee; 05-13-2018 at 11:24 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: