View Single Post

Old 05-13-2018, 03:16 PM

Liked 393 Times in 58 Posts

Thanx so much Sal, to you and to mr. Pate as well. Both extremely kind and ready to help.
OK next step will be to see live whether there are matching numbers in the spots you described, hope seeing them all. Gun is still greatly attractive to me and if the whole thing turns out satisfactory after those further checks, I'm confident to be able getting the Schofield about mid-June or maybe a bit later.

In the past I've been able in getting two clothing items both comproved original and especially in good condition - one pair of Pattern 1886 (2nd pattern) Cavalry gauntlets, and one Pattern 1890 (1st variation, small quantities made only in summer 1890) Cavalry field blouse, very dark blue and with original sewn-on Corporal chevrons.
My plan years ago was getting one original Cavalry revolver to add to these two items and the Springfield carbine, but as I've understood the more iconic Colt SAA will stay away forever, and not only for money reasons with certain fantastic prices - too many variables, doubts and fakery out there when one speaks of military Colt SAA.
This Schofield even though refinished, should it show up in the end 100% original regarding all the rest could be the only chance of getting one real Cavalry revolver.
Will let you know shortly. A great thanx again, to next one somewhere in the Forum.

Franco.
The Following User Likes This Post: