View Single Post

Old 05-13-2018, 05:57 PM
Banned

Liked 1,609 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Callahan View Post
A bit of advice though, stay away from the Walther Forums, they're biased as hell against this particular model of the gun, and thus do nothing but bash it. Worse yet is the fact that most of the folks bashing it have never so much as held one in their hands much less fired one, ergo everything they say about them is fueled by complete ignorance rather than factual first-hand experience. Furthermore, they'll outright lie about them, making outrageous claims about their slides cracking, but so far I have yet to see so much as a single report online of such a thing actually happening, and when pressed for evidence they cite early models of the Walther P22, which is a completely different firearm which predates the PPK/S .22, has long since been strengthened to prevent the slide from cracking, and best of all, based on reports I've read, such cracks only occurred as a byproduct of catastrophic ammo failure which would have damaged a Steel or Aluminum slide as well. So yeah, avoid the Walther Forums.
I was on the Walther forums before in the past when I bought my first PPK/s 22 and you're right... In fact just for giggles I went on it again just to look and in the PPK/s 22lr section the last posts were from a couple yrs ago. I guess they chased the 22 shooters away. The latest thing on their forum is now they're saying the PPK/s 22 has been discontinued. When it fact, it hasn't.