View Single Post

Old 05-13-2018, 09:12 PM

Liked 12,672 Times in 3,376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd View Post
May I ask how many different Walther magazines you have tried to have made this statement? I have over a dozen .22 l.r. magazines for my old Zella Mehlis PP and a Walther PP Sport and have not had any issues when loading 10 rounds. The PP magazine is using the same magazine body as the Hämmerli International and I shoot a 212 with the magazines filled up with ten rounds without issues, also.
Two. Given that nice magazines sell north of $100, stock piling magazines is another area where the new PPK/S .22 has a solid advantage.

Over priced PP magazines aside, if you look at them side by side, the design improvements in the new magazine are obvious.

The new design presents the round at a higher angle, just like the Ruger MK I - IV pistols. That improves the feeding, but also reduces the chance of rim lock.

The new magazine is slightly wider at the rear, which allows the rounds to splay a bit more, which reduces the curve in the 10 round stack. That does require a slightly wider magazine. The magazine is also longer, which precludes fitting 10 rounds in a flush magazine, so the finger rest is mandatory on the PPK/S .22 LR.

The Following 2 Users Like Post: