Thread: About To Vanish
View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 12:14 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

Before the plastic craze finding an older colt, a s&w or ruger revolver in any magnum caliber your chances were slim to none even a older 38 special revolver were rare as hens teeth. Back then I beat feet to every local gun shop 3 to 4 Times a week. I found nothing.

Now fast forward to the height of the plastic craze the older revolvers were showing up. I did catch a few older baby boomers trading in there collections because they were headed to a old folks home. That hit me pretty hard we’re all going to get old.

Right now I’m seeing m27-2 for $1,500 to $1,700. My online guy doesn’t have much at all. I remembered buying the m27-2 for $795 and the m28 for $695 a few years back. I think these guns went through a musical char moment when they changed hands now there with there new owners and unseen again till the present generation gets old.

Every hobby I get into is affordable for a while then it skyrockets price wise. I took off a decade in the mid 80’s to the mid 90’s from buying and shooting time was a factor. I packed up my reloading stuff to sell it and the misses said don’t sell it you may go back to it. She was right. The prices weren’t bad for a while. But they went up.

I’m to the point if you see it you better buy it because if you don’t someone else will before the prices go higher.

I got lucky once with the surplus military guns. My LGS purchased a collection and sold me the surplus guns for what he paid for them. I picked out a few. He wanted nothing to do with the surplus guns till he found out he could make money on them too. A while back he was dumping the new s&w guns for $699. That sounds like his cost to me.

My point is stay browsing you never know what you will find.

Last edited by BigBill; 05-14-2018 at 12:19 AM.