Thread: About To Vanish
View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 07:18 AM

Liked 283 Times in 145 Posts

I have more or less stopped buying because I at that certain age to be classified either "old timer" or "short timer," your choice. I will still buy a nice piece at a good price, and I have an inside track at a local pawn shop, but it is not in the high rent district. I have only bought two guns on GB. Compared to local prices, I did good on both. On both, I set my maximum price on auto bid, and went my merry way. I used up all but ten dollars on a reall nice Marlin RC .35R. On a minty hand engraved BAR Gd III, I picked it up at only about a hundred more than one would pay locally for a Gd II. I have also had fair luck at gun shows, up to a few years ago. Our local shows have become somewhat difficult to attend. Parking comes at a premium at $5 for a chance to park. No guarantee that any spaces are left. Then you have to sift through all the flea market vendors just to make sure that a prize is not hiding there. The last S&W that I made a reasonable offer on, the vendor refused because he thought it would bring a few dollars more on Gun Broker. Why come to shows if you do internet sales? My hand full of Benjamin's likely matched GB considering commission and time.

Jack