Thread: M617-6
View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 08:24 AM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfield103 View Post
I am not bashing S&W, all companies have their problems. But I have only had to send one Ruger back for a sight problem, back in my hands exactly 7 days after shipping it to them. I purchased a new 686 from my LGS, when it came in the barrel was clocked so bad the front sight was cocked. Now this revolver. All I am really saying is that it is disappointing to buy a premium revolver in .22 and it comes like it did. I will give them a chance to fix it. I am sure they will. If not I will re-crown the forcing cone my self and or trade it in on a different .22 letting the LGS know why I am trading it back in. It will be the same LGS that I bought it from. I do a lot of business there.
I like S&W, especially auto's. I have just always been drawn to the Ruger revolvers. I hope this one works out. I really like this revolver and it is the first 10 round revolver I have ever purchased. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I vote for sending it back to Smith with a detailed note and don't clean a thing off of that forcing cone or cylinder face. The lead build up alone and it's location will show anyone worth half their salt whether the forcing cone needs to be re-crowned or it's a cylinder timing issue, or a combination of the two. If you call them this morning; you'll have an RMA tag and have it sent out by tomorrow. If so, you'll have her back in a week, 10 days at the latest. And I'm betting it will be right!