View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 10:10 AM

Liked 2,202 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s&wchad View Post
The "Mountain Revolver" was a limited run of 5000 guns in 1989. They had no special markings, but featured a lightweight tapered barrel, a chamfered cylinder, a bead blasted finish and were supplied with Pachmayr Grippers. This was the first iteration of what later became the "Mountain Gun". My serial number prefix is BDW.

These are pre-endurance package guns and they're lighter than a standard 4" .44 Mag, so I prefer to shoot mostly .44 Specials and only occasionally use magnums. I haven't decided which grips I like best, but I don't like to leave rubber grips on long term.

Opinions sought: 629-2 Mountain Revolver (Update...layaway and pics)-000_5092-jpg

Opinions sought: 629-2 Mountain Revolver (Update...layaway and pics)-img_1801-jpg
Wonderful revolvers and beautiful examples S&W Chad... I prefer 4" and 3" barreled 629's personally. I put 80% .44Specials thru my 3" but it's not bad at all running 3-4 full house cylinders of .44mags each range session to stay sharp for "Woods Use"... Although, I think I've found the near perfect Woods Gun Load. It's a 255grain "Keith" Hard Cast in .44Special from Underwood. Before I was using 300grain semi-jacketed lead flat points... of which I still have a healthy stock of and can use in a pinch when at the family mountain home; as I left 50 or so up there in the spare closet on a high shelf.

OP, that Mountain Gun is in good shape then $850 is $100-$150 less than they go for in my area. I say go for it!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: