View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 11:50 AM

Liked 688 Times in 252 Posts

"I'll be honest and say that I kind of think you're missing the point of the Boomer."

I don't think I'm missing the point of the Boomer; I consider it a modern version of the "Fitz Special;" big bore, short barrel, bobbed hammer, easy to conceal. I mention the sights because Fitzgerald did include sights on his modified revolvers, and the addition of a small rounded blade would add a significant advantage without affecting concealment.

Also, I'm not advocating CT grips, as they would not be much more compact than the supplied rubber grips. Again looking at the Fitz Specials, a significant number had ivory, stag, or smooth wood grips, all of which were shaped to the frame, i.e., no oversize "combat" grips and relatively smooth to aid in drawing from a pocket with snagging. I'm waiting for a set of smooth, compact grips that I'll pair with a BK grip adapter. I believe that this combination will offer a distinct improvement in concealability while maintaining an adequate level of control.

Edit: Grips came in last night. Smooth, dark grips paired with grip adapter makes this a very concealable gun in a serious caliber.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture3.jpg (43.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by safearm; 05-15-2018 at 10:58 AM.