Thread: 3914/3913 9mm
View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 02:08 PM

Liked 17,296 Times in 6,647 Posts

Best. Post. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18DAI View Post
The "evidence locker" as a reason not to carry a 3rd gen gun has come up a few times here over the last few weeks. Here is my take on that argument.

If I save my life with my carry gun in a self defense shooting, the gun has paid for itself and its status is the least of my concerns.

Especially if the guy who came in 2nd place was "just turning his life around and out looking for a job as a doctor so he could help people." You follow me?

I want my carry gun to be reliable and accurate and something I can get two fast accurate hits with. It may not be a Performance Center Shorty 45 - BUT - if that is the only option I have in the safe THEN IT WILL BE.

But if I have a 457 or a CS45 (and I do) then I will carry one of them instead because they do what I need done and are easily replaced.

And when all the dust clears, I'll have my attorney file a motion to have it returned to me from the property room. If I get it back, fine. If I dont, it served its purpose and was a wise investment.

Unless you are kicking doors or storming beaches, you are far more likely to get hit by lightning than have to use your gun in an unfortunate incident. So dont get all wrapped around the axle worrying what will become of your carry gun.

Worry more about practicing with whatever you choose to carry so that you are still here should you become a participant in an unfortunate incident. My 0.02 Regards 18DAI