View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 06:23 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Help! Serial number production date Model 36 bought used in pawn shop around 1990(?)

Hi,

I bought my very first firearm at a pawn shop in Arkansas in 1990 (I think). I know the serial number, the model number (obviously), and I have photos. It is so sentimentally important to me, but i have never known about what year it was produced? it would be GREAT to get a 'general idea' of how old it is.

It is a great little weapon. I have used it as my personal carry for many years. For my purposes, it is perfect for that purpose.

I recently decided to put a newer grip on it (i bought it with after market grips and they have always been larger than I would like for conceal purposes) and I got motivated to try to find the date of shipment from the factory at least.

I hope this forum can help me find out about a trusted old friend.

I can post pictures if I absolutely need to, but will need to find a place to upload them first, but I thought before doing that I would just throw out its description and serial number and see if I can get results.

It is a blued Model 36, the serial number is 489JXX (last two digits are numerals).

Thanks in advance for your help,
CMC

Last edited by CMC; 05-14-2018 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Add photos