View Single Post

Old 05-15-2018, 01:42 AM

Liked 1,636 Times in 681 Posts

Don't have a sig, walter or a glock. Do have a taurus pt111 and a springfield armory. No issues with lead/pc'd bullets & I size the 9mm bullets to .358" anymore for every 9mm.

The sa range officer & the cast/coated bullets it gets a steady diet of

Not hand/cherry picked target by any means. Simply the test target used for that load/tested @50ft 10-shot group with the bullets pictured above

Another test target, this one @ 50yds 10-shot group

Both loads side by side. What you don't see is wasp waist/bullet bulge in those 9mm loads even though the bullets are sized to .358"

I do use a "custom/home made" expander to bell the cases. Other have used a lee 38s&w (not special) expander. NEO bullet mold company also sells custom expanders.

Lyman m-dies also work. The cast/coated bullets tend to be longer than their jacketed/plated counterparts along with being larger in diameter.

The 9mm is an excellent round & there's no reason not to use a cast/coated bullet in them. Just started testing this hybrid bullet. It's a modern spin-off of the old himmelwright bullet. This one is designed to be coated and can be used in any 35cal. It has a crimp groove for roll crimping and the top drive band is for taper crimping. The nose allows it to feed in semi-auto's and the shoulder cuts clean holes like a wc bullet. I bought the mold for the 9mm/38spl & plinking.

The Following 2 Users Like Post: