View Single Post

Old 05-15-2018, 07:05 PM
US Veteran

Liked 32,372 Times in 5,476 Posts

I have been casting bullets since about 1972, for use in many handgun calibers and in centerfire rifle cartridges from .30 caliber to .45 caliber and used in various 19th and 20th Century firearms. I have probably cast, loaded, and fired at least 50,000 bullets.

Several years back I found myself without the time required to cast all I wanted, with the sorting, sizing, lubing, gas checking, and everything else involved. I cut back on my casting, limiting my efforts to the antique rifle calibers, and started buying hard-cast pistol bullets from several sources (just about all of which provided very good service for range and practice uses).

A couple of years ago I found GT Bullets advertising on GunBroker.com, and I was impressed with their bullet designs. I have ordered several times to include HP cast bullets in 9mm, .38/357, and .45ACP. Quality has been excellent. Range performance has been consistently excellent.

Bottom line is this: $60 or $70 per thousand delivered to my door, excellent results, and every time I save 5 to 7 hours I would have spent producing my own. Reasonably priced, highest quality, what more can be said?

Absolutely love the .45ACP 200 RN-HP and the .38/357 145 RN-HP. Serious medicine, at a price that allows me to practice all I want with ammo I wouldn't hesitate to carry every day.
The Following User Likes This Post: