View Single Post

Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 PM
US Veteran

Liked 17,122 Times in 5,140 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFramer View Post
Guys I knew l shouldn't have posted this thread. I didn't think this was a "ridiculous conversation" but judging how someone gave it a 1-star rating I can only surmise my own stupidity is to blame. I only wanted to start a dialogue on my thoughts. I should have known better... sorry.

-Jay
Been reading your posts for several years now. No need for you to stop now. There will always be those that want to derail a thread so they can bring attention to themselves and show the world how smart they are. Or aren’t. Happens all too often even though it shouldn’t. We can’t stop it but we can sure ignore it.

My thoughts on your question. You failed to share in detail your intended use of either a shot gun or AR. But that’s your business.

No matter what load you use, the defensive shot gun has always been thought of as an up close and personal platform in which it excels wonderfully. The AR has the advantage of range and accuracy but lacks the awesome power of the shot gun up close.

It all depends on the perceived range at which you think you may have to defend yourself with a long gun. Inside 50 yards I would use a 12ga with slugs. Any other load would be useless. Over 50 yards I would employ an AR in 223 or 308.

If I had several acres I would choose an AR because of its versatility in short and long range situations. And since I would be defending my home I would want as much ammo as possible.

Just my two cents not including inflation.