View Single Post

Old 05-15-2018, 10:32 PM

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

@Sevens,

Thank you!

The research I did before buying the 500 was intense and deep. I heavily research things like this. I knew that going from a 9mm to a S&W 500 Magnum was going to be a leap.
This forum helped guide me on the right path and with all the research I did, and with all the information I got from this forum, I made a great choice in the final 500 model I bought. It is the 3.5" PC and I love it.

I won't bore you with the details of how I went from the lowest recoil factory round to a pretty hot (1801 ft/s) round, but it was awesome!

I re-read your post and will heed your advice. I never meant to lead you to believe I was going to try to squeeze out enormous velocity out of these rounds. This was more so to get a 1500+ ft/s thrill and learn to reload a difficult to load round.

This part of your post
"I see no reason whatsoever to be concerned with what you see (or think you see) in a primer unless/until it is leaking.

Agree with mikld above that regardless of what Ranier says, these are not optimum bullets for a .500 S&W Magnum. They should be used for light target only... keeping in mind that at much lower speeds, you may find yourself needing to adjust sight elevation just to get them on target."

and especially the first sentence was extremely helpful. I was told by an RSO the primer was coming out to far and I should be cautious.

I completely agree... These bullets are NOT optimum for the 500. I knew that going into it. But, as I said, I want to practice reloading and make sure I have all the tools necessary and few rounds under my belt before taking on the heavy loads like I shot with the Magtech...

Thank you kindly!