View Single Post

Old 05-15-2018, 10:39 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToGuns17 View Post
I dented the side of the stock front sight with a brass punch so I am by no means saying it's easy. I changed the ones on my 1.0 shield and 2.0 full size with that method. Both rear sights came out with a nylon punch but the sights took brass.
I changed the rear sights on a couple of SDVEs with a dowel rod and a small hammer...they may have been a looser fit, because they moved pretty easily. I replaced them with a metal M&P rear sight.

When I buy one, I might just take the slide to a gun smith and have them do the sights. Where we used to live, the LGS I used most often had a gun smith on staff, and they would do sights for free if you bought the sights from them. Their prices were competitive with online retailers, so I had them do a couple of Glocks I used to own. The only problem is, that shop is about 300 miles from me now...not really feasible to go there. I guess I'll have to check out what local gun smiths there may be around here. Where we used to live was about 30 miles outside of Dallas, so there were a number of gun shops and independent gun smiths in the area...as long as you didn't mind driving in the metroplex traffic!