View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 11:54 AM

Liked 520 Times in 210 Posts
Default Looking for a 19 2.5" for a working gun.

I find myself in need a black gun for a new CCW. I know that sounds silly, but the agency I will be working with has black uniforms and all of my current 38/357 revolvers are modern stainless models which seem to stand out like the sun.

I've always wanted an excuse to buy a model 13 or a 19 anyways so this is good enough of a reason.

I don't want a nice gun, this thing is going to get banged all over hell as we bounce down the road. And I'm thinking of bobbing the hammer anyways to make for a smoother pocket draw. The deep pockets of 5.11 pants will swallow an N frame so I am not worried about a K frame.

Anyways, thats a long winded way of getting to the question of what should I expect to pay for a used model 19? One that has wear or is otherwise unattractive to the collector.

I'm kind of eyeing this one, I like the aftermarket FO sight, but the seller doesn't give much in the way to information about lockup and endshake, so I will email him later.

*edit* Deleted the link, I did not know they were not allowed for illustration purposes.

Last edited by SquarePizza; 05-17-2018 at 02:22 AM.