View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 12:13 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,703 Times in 1,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoc9sw View Post
All that information on food comes from government regulations. I can not see any good coming from inflicting that on ammo. The one side effect would be a new way to categorize and potentially restrict ammo supplies.
I'm thinking along the lines of hoc9sw in that can't you see it coming? Nancy P or Sen. Fein... or one of "those types" standing up holding a small pellet and a Crossman air rifle and shouting out: "See this thing that is basically a training weapon for youngsters? LOOK closely at this dangerous projectile...see the rating on the tin can of 300 feet per second....that equals 204 miles per hour...why do you think we have speed limits for cars on the nations highways a lot lower than that? I ask you to side with us in regulating ANY projectile that has a printed velocity rating greater than 150 mph or in those "gun wacko" terms...220 feet per second! After all our nations children's lives are at stake! I am sure everyone has seen the results of Ralphie almost shooting his eye out on Christmas Day some time ago. Maybe we are being to accommodating with the 150 mph...let us tie this regulation to Federal speed limits..70 mph equals 102 feet per second....should be good enough for everyone. The ONLY exceptions (exemptions in political parlay) will be ammo makers who have discreetly contributed to my colleagues campaign funds!"

All above tongue in cheek but you never really know in today's world.
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570