View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 02:42 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,720 Times in 614 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXSHOOTER View Post
I have been on this forum off and on for almost 8 years since I bought my 15-22. There is always lots of problems with the rifle listed here and thats OK. This forum helps solve those issues, it is a great resource for that. There is also lots of "should I buy it" posts. If one was to read to much into the problem posts they may get swayed away from this great firearm.

So I just want to say after all these years and thousands of rounds later my 15-22 is stellar. It works every time I pull the trigger. Have I ever had a FTF or a FTE? Yes, but so few I can't remember exactly how many, they are rare.

I got mine right after they came from the factory with the blue springs. My manual has the prefered ammo list. In reality it shoots everything I feed it and it does it well. Early on I ran nothing but Blazers through it, perfect. During the ammo shortage I ran everything I could get my hands on through it, perfect. During that time one of my brother in laws died. My sister gave me over 2000 rounds of ammo he had stored. He had saved it up over the last 50 years. There was every brand and type you could ever imagine. Much of it discontinued. In his honor I fired every round, perfect.

My gun has never been back to S&W, perfect.

I take care of it but I am not a clean freak, it runs dirty, perfect. The one thing I do keep a close eye on is the bolt face. Since I do run this gun reasonably dirty at times, I keep a tool like a dental pick in the bag. In the field this gets crud out of the bolt face cartridge seat. That is simply a smart safety precaution.

Does it have a heavy trigger pull? Yes, it is a combat style trigger out of the box. But it works as it should. Very little take up and breaks clean, perfect. I have taught a lot of young boys to shoot this rifle, the heavy pull is perfect.

There are a lot of raving fans on this forum. I am one of them. I just wanted to say my 15-22 is everything I could want it to be. If your expectations are reasonable your not likely to be disappointed. There are a lot of things it is not. The things it is are all good. One of those things is it is one hell of a lot of fun. Everytime I have ever handed it to someone they have a big grin on their face after the first mag. Somehow S&W figured out how to build smiles into this thing, perfect.

Kind Regards,

PHXSHOOTER

I agree - my experience has been the same. Plus it always brings a smile to my face - especially with a 50 round drum and suppressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk