View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 02:43 PM

Liked 658 Times in 340 Posts

Hope you enjoy your new Taurus! I carry a M85 that groups 1.25” at 7 yards with Winchester white box 125gr+p or Ranger 130gr+p ammo which is better than the S&W 642 and a LOT easier on the hand.

Looked at a S&W model 60ss today while at the range. At $675 they need to make a lighter gun. It was like holding a brick. I long for the model 60 Lady Smith with 3” bbl I had in the 80’s that got pinched when my son was in Virginia. It was light,accurate and a pleasure to shoot. S&W if you’re reading this post,TAKE A HINT!

A WARNING to all Taurus owners NEW and OLD. There is a YouTube video put out by a person who got a new M85 in 38 special+p that took his new gun to the range and the EXPOSED screw that holds the crane and cylinder in the gun fell out and he lost it making the revolver unsafe to shoot until it was replaced by Taurus. Apparently Taurus told him they did not have the screw(it’s 3 pieces) in stock.

I ALWAYS check my revolvers (S&W ect.) over and make sure all the side plate screws are TIGHT when new out of the box! My m85 Taurus exposed screw was LOSE from the factory. I check it after each range and cleaning session to make sure it stays that way. After 180 rounds it never loosened but I always check.

Good luck, Stay Safe and shoot often.

Last edited by Execpro; 05-30-2018 at 10:09 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: