View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 03:31 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 22,562 Times in 5,845 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
I don't own a titanium revolver built by S&W, but I own one made by brand X.

This is the first time I've seen a reference to 110gr magnums being verboten in titanium guns.

Could you please elaborate? What specifically is the issue with this load in a titanium cylinder?
Smith and Wesson does not manufacture any Titanium revolvers

Smith and Wesson does offer both Stainless and Scandium framed revolvers that have Titanium cylinders.

Warnings or cautions that Smith and Wesson has made for their firearms over the past 15+ years do not translate to Brand-X.

If you want us to give you our experiences with Brand-X you will need to tell us who Brand-X is so we do not guess incorrectly

However, your best course of action is to contact Company-X about what ever firearm you have a concern over.

Smith and Wesson has ALWAYS has a restriction on using 357 Magnum ammunition with projectiles weighing below 129 grains for personal defense in the 2" Scandium framed, Titanium cylinder Model 340 revolvers. This caution has been etched directly into the barrel shroud of the firearm since their introduction in the late 1990s.

The possible failure is that the firearm acts like a kinetic hammer and pulls the 4th or 5th projectile far enough from the case mouth to lock up the cylinder

Last edited by colt_saa; 05-16-2018 at 03:40 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: