View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 04:53 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,595 Times in 2,117 Posts
Default Blackhawk Omnivore

Just got this today after seeing it advertised for the first time over the weekend and I think this is a neat little toy. First off you have to decide the particular flavor, your choices are black or black and tan. (I went with a black and tan.) The concept behind it is unique and I really wish I had thought of this. You attach a small rail device where your light would go on the picatinny rail and that is the sole contact point and retention point for the pistol in the holster.

Once I got it set up and placed in the holster I did everything I could to get it to come loose and was totally unsuccessful. It was 100% retained. It also comes with your choice of belt devices, being a pancake attachment for inside the belt carry or an actual belt loop attachment. I am going to play with those a little bit more tonight.

The sales brochure said that this holster will fit 150 different modern pistols. All they need is a rail. A few weeks ago I had purchased a Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0. I started using a Bianchi Kydex holster but wasn’t satisfied with the retention or carry position. So I have been looking for a new holster and this one came along. Like most folks who conceal carry a handgun every day over the years I’ve developed a bag full of holsters that don’t work. Not that there’s anything particularly wrong with them, they either don’t hold the pistol correctly (the way I want it) or they slide on the belt or move back-and-forth or fail the jump test. So I’m kind of leery of jumping in the new holster market when I see something that’s new and different. I normally wait until it’s an approved design before I even consider it. But this one grabbed me and I have to say so far I’m impressed. If any of you are having the same problem I have with multiple pistols and the lack of a holster that actually works for all of them you might want to give this Blackhawk Omnivore a look. Shopping around on The net I found it for $54 delivered through Amazon prime. Once again I don’t normally endorse products but this one kind of tripped my trigger.

I think this guy is going to be an excellent ATV holster down at the farm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RDB7lFQMQ7WR5yVcpdaQLA.jpg (80.0 KB, 38 views)