View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 05:10 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

I've been pretty vocal about my dislike for Taurus products, but that is based on problems I've had with them and their very poor customer service (in my experience.) If I'm not mistaken, Taurus recently stopped offering the lifetime warranty...is that correct?

I don't wish any bad luck on any man with any gun. I am only relating my experience. It's a shame, really, since Taurus does offer some interesting products....like the recently released G2C and G2S. If I was going to buy one, I'd certainly do so through Gun Genie, which provides its own lifetime warranty. Even that's not a firm guarantee, since what they do if there is a problem is simply replace the gun...if an exact replacement isn't available, then they send it to the manufacturer for repair. With Taurus' history of very slow service, that wouldn't be an acceptable option to me. Of course, at less than $300, it would be worth a gamble for a car carry gun...one that it wouldn't hurt so much if it was confiscated or stolen. It would have to work, though, and therein lies the concern.

Regardless of my opinion, I do hope you have great results and get a lot of enjoyment from your gun!