View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 05:57 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,996 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWalt View Post
Refinishing (as opposed to restoration, which is a different topic) is usually a sore subject here. Most collectors would prefer to leave their guns as-found rather than refinishing them as refinishing will destroy whatever collectible value they might otherwise have. It is usually much more cost effective to find and buy another gun of the same type in an original condition more satisfactory to you than spending good money to have one refinished which, at best, won't be worth any more after it is refinished than before. But as always, it's your money and your gun, and you don't need anyone's permission to do whatever you believe is best.
IMHO, THIS IS VERY SOUND ADVICE FROM DWalt. I WISH THAT I COULD HAVE READ THIS POST, IN MY YOUTH.....

IF THE GUN WAS MINE , I WOULD HAVE A QUALIFIED 'SMITH MAKE ANY REPAIRS NEEDED, TO MAKE IT SAFE AND RELIABLE, AND SHOOT THE SNOT OUT OF IT ! ! !

TO RESTORE OR REFINISH YOUR GUN, WILL TAKE A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY, THAT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER SPENT, ON THE PURCHASE OF A CLEAN, ORIGINAL EXAMPLE......

TAKE A GUESS, HOW I KNOW......

Last edited by one eye joe; 05-16-2018 at 06:02 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: