View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 06:58 PM

Liked 1,303 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by k22fan View Post
While they usually are fainter, most S&W MIM hammers and triggers have case hardening colors. There are better clues to look for. MIM parts have shrinkage holes like the one visible in the underneath side of this 625's trigger. Frames with MIM hammers have the stud that blocks the cylinder's rearward movement while open forged as part of the frame. Older frames for forged hammers have a pressed in stud. Also, the pivot pin for hammer mounted firing pins is visible with the hammer forward.

To the O.P.;
With it established that this revolver has MIM internal parts you would be wiser waiting for a revolver without them. What did you say the widow's phone number and address are? I want to take her a box of cookies.
If I knew her name I would consider sharing it! My FFL that handles my transfers was shooting buddies with the gentleman who passed. He was asked to handle the sales and transfers of these firearms. The guy had a good taste in firearms, mostly military rifles, lever actions and Smith revolvers. If any of you think you would be interested in knowing more I can send you the list of firearms (minus serial numbers) and connect you with my guy. Just PM me. If this is in poor taste for the forum I apologize and mods can delete my post if they want. I don't want to break any rules. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk