View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Liked 126 Times in 85 Posts

As I mentioned earlier, I installed the JP Silent captured spring assembly in my Sport II and finally got to the range to check it out.

I fired about 300 rounds through the rifle of all types except steel, and didn't have a single issue. When I ordered the assembly I asked the good folks at J.P. to install a single tungsten weight giving the buffer a H (H-1) equivalent.

The rifle seems to have a bit less recoil and ejects the shells at 3:00 with lots of energy (There was a wall next to me at the range).

Absolutely NO Twang noise. I am delighted with the addition to my Sport. I was just notified that the LaRue MBT trigger I ordered several months ago (I had plenty of time), has shipped today. Once I get the trigger installed My Rifle is done!! The only S&W parts left are the BCG, Stripped Lower and Upper, and the barrel with flash hider. I did shave down the front sight to clear my free floated hand guard. I have had a lot of fun and learned lots with this rifle. I built (assembled) a second AR-15 over the past year from parts I hand selected based on weight and quality for the most part.

This BRD is a lot of fun!