Thread: M617-6
View Single Post

Old 05-16-2018, 08:15 PM

Liked 323 Times in 165 Posts

Guy's
Thanks for the advice on the studying that I should have done and that all 22's get dirty and lead building up on the top strap being normal. When I get it back it should not have any of those problems. If it does it will be out the door. I am not knocking S&W or saying Ruger is better. They both make good products. But I will say that my Ruger single six does not have any of these issues. If S&W being a premium revolver compared to a Blue Collar Ruger. It will not be staying around if it still has any of these problems. If you are use to revolvers having lead build up on the top strap like this one was showing than you do not know what a revolver should really be like. I never have to clean lead off my current 22 revolver, ever. Powder yes lead no.
I am really looking forward to getting this revolver back, and hope it meets my expectations. It will be at S&W tomorrow. Thursday 5-17-2018
RvShooter, yes revolvers in .22 get dirty. This is not my first revolver or by far my first .22. Spitting lead while shooting is not normal for a properly made revolver and having an 11 degree forcing cone should be normal for any revolver. This one has 0 degree forcing cone. Lead build up with a little over 50 rounds to the extent this one had was abnormal. Shooting competitions really don't mean a dang thing other than you shoot them. So you really don't know what is broke and what isn't. You are way to quick in judging other people that you don't know anything about. S&W will tell me if it is broke or normal and if it is normal than it will going out the door.

Last edited by jstanfield103; 05-16-2018 at 08:25 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: