View Single Post

Old 05-17-2018, 01:10 PM

Liked 4,107 Times in 1,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
The only 'concern' I have with the new K-frame magnum is the deletion of the gas ring. This allows carbon and lead fouling to accumulate more quickly in the yoke tube. If the specs are tight, the cylinder will get sluggish rotation.
If you run dirty loads, you will see build up on this yoke part here as it goes into the cylinder. I had been apart of a few threads where certain members mentioned binding and such. Or not being able to run 3 or 400 rounds consecutively. Not true. Sort of.
You see , I've all ways run clean 38s and clean 357s . Not underpowered in any way. Certain manufacturers have dirty ammo. You need to see which will best suit your needs. I couldn't tell you which. I think the last time I've bought a box of ammo was 10 years ago! And I still haven't fired it. (Hollowpoints) The most I've shot out of a 66-8 4.25" is about 400 rounds at one range visit.
So, it's all subjective to ones experiences. S&W will not sell you a bad gun on purpose. Or at least that's been my experience.
All I kept was the yoke well sprayed with rem oil(didn't remove it like in the picture shown till 900 rounds!). No great science there. And never had an issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Likes This Post: