Thread: Value of 39-2
View Single Post

Old 05-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Liked 9,470 Times in 4,391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retnavyshooter View Post
Local dealer has a very nice 39-2 for sale; with box and papers. I'm a revolver guy so this is not in my wheelhouse. Any one with approx. value? He is asking $1200.00.
Ouch!

I'll admit that I was insanely fortunate to find a LNIB 39-2 with everything (including the original Bill of Sale) for a very affordable price never to be duplicated again in my remaining lifetime even if I live to be 100. Such things don't usually happen to me. I mean, never.

But the interesting part of the story is that I had found two Model 39-2's that same day (in different shops) that were both like new and both reasonably priced. My big mistake was not going back for the other one... the more expensive of the two. It didn't have its factory box and it only came with one newer vintage 3906/909 Magazine, but it was still a great deal... just not as insanely good a deal as the one I did buy.

I did go back eventually for that "boxless one", but it had been sold. He who hesitates is lost. Another interesting point: The grips on that second one were outstanding in the extreme... not just in perfect condition but Picasso-grade artistic too, the absolute best factory 39-2 grips that I had ever seen. Price on the second gun: $425+Tax.

Last edited by TTSH; 05-17-2018 at 02:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: