View Single Post

Old 05-17-2018, 04:14 PM
US Veteran

Liked 5,691 Times in 1,408 Posts
Default Questions by newbie to SWHF about Letter(s)

Good afternoon SWHF members;

I just last week received my SWHF membership card from Ms. Cheely (Member No. 570) and I am thrilled to be a member of both SWCA and SWHF as I believe in both mission statements and the great group of people on both.

The question I have is that when sending to SWCA for a Letter of Authentication (the Roy Jinks signed type) do we automatically get whatever info may be available from SWHF when we include both member numbers on the request form?

As I currently understand the LOA now costs $65 for Members of SWCA (per gun of course) and I still want that basic info that Roy excels at, but I am not sure if the SWHF additional information would be worth another $65 per gun to me.

Is there a separate form to be used for only requesting any SWHF information?

I do apologize for probably seemingly dumb questions but I do have some "oldies" (1899 US Army 38) that I would like to obtain ALL available info on, and others that it would be nice to know the additional info but if extra costs, I'm not sure.

Either way I have 3 guns ready to send the form now, and three more on top just waiting a fair period after Letter receipt on the first 3, so if any of you can answer the above dumb questions for me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for listening
SWCA#3083, SWHF#570