View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 04:34 AM

Liked 467 Times in 144 Posts

[IMG]Dave , that 10 rounds laid out for the speed loader is a great idea. Did you make that or is that commercial available?[/IMG]

The loader and board are made by Ansac. I understand that they are the best. I've been using it for years and shot tens of thousands of rounds with never one issue. I highly recommend it. With two of the boards you can head to the range with about 500 rounds ready to go. That's handy when learning how to shoot double action. Our range has steel plates at 50, 75, 100 yards and I go to town on them.

I prefer the 4" version with the Match Dot. I like the balance. The 617 is a great understudy for your 686. Sorry to go off on a 617 tangent...but I love that gun...and it would be great for your rabbits.

Regarding the sights... I think a red dot would probably be your easiest solution if your gun is drilled and tapped at the factory for a scope base. If you look under the top strap of your 686 and it has 3 holes then you are good to go. Weigand Combat sells some nice bases and you can get a decent red dot for less than $100. The red dot is best for precision at distance...much easier than iron sights. You could do all that easily at home.

A new front sight will have to be drilled to fit the pin that holds it in. Unless you are handy and have the tools that will take a trip to the gunsmith.

Good luck.
Dave