View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 07:09 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,109 Times in 1,894 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo44 View Post
I have found several TLs for sale for friends. Some are rejected because they're "too nice" or "not nice enough". Although my friends could easily afford the "too nice" TLs, they wanted something not so nice; they want to be able to shoot it, handle, it, and maybe carry it "w/o guilt or responsibility for depreciating it".
Jim, will you be my friend? LOL!

Okay, I said that because I thought it was amusing, but maybe I only amused myself. In all seriousness, if you come across a Triple Lock with condition that is reasonably priced for what it is, that one of your friends pass on in favour of on with less condition that they wish to pay more for, send me a PM; I might be interested! I have two or three "shooter" Triple Locks, so I don't need to pay more for a "shooter". I pay according to condition--the better it is, the deeper I dig.

I meant to mention that the subject matter of this thread, being refinished by Smith & Wesson, is generally worth about 85% of one in similar condition but not refinished by Smith & Wesson. According to others; I just can't bring myself to pay this for a refinish. Unfortunately, the subject matter of this thread brought 110% of an original, non refinished Triple Lock. And the case colouring doesn't even approach that of an original.