View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 07:11 AM

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

Wow alot to think about. I have been through just about everything suggested. I have tried my ammo in a friend's gun and it works fine so I'm taking that off the table. I am very mechanical inclined so rest assured ejector and everything else is installed propper. The reverse stovepipe is mind boggling. No I have not installed a buffer, not sure how that can help. Don't think it's magazine spring pressure because it happens whether there is 10 rounds in or five in it doesn't matter.
My latest thinking is the first mentioned, chamber temperature. I always felt the gun wants to warm up then it runs better. Yesterday I cleaned the chamber real well and a round would drop in with gravity. I shot one round took the barrel off and the round would not drop in, I thought that to be significant the chamber fouling after one shot. I'm not sure if that even helps with diagnosis due to the fact the first round aways stovepipes even with a spotless chamber.
I have read on other forums where guys took a match chamber reamer and reamed out there chamber. I do have a chamber reamer but it's not a match reamer , not sure know much size difference it would be . I really hate the thought of reaming it out if I'm wrong the barrel is junk.
, I will not send this to a gun smith , figuring this out is part of the learning process. As mentioned this is a simple machine , my focus now is on the chamber just not sure how to handle it.
Would anyone know does a 41 get a match chamber or standard chamber . I know bolt actions get match but I was wondering if an automatic would be a little looser due to the faster feeding ?
Thanks for the encouragement I'll keep at it, Tom