Thread: work
View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 08:47 AM

Liked 365 Times in 133 Posts

Union Glazier( Glass man) here, 20+ yrs. No big deal. We have a saying in the union- "feast or famine".The whole concept of the union is: When companies have a big project and need X amt of bodies of qualified( certified on every piece of equipment, with OSHA 10 or better{ I personally have OSHA 30}) people, every day(contractors actually walk around the job site, every day, to make sure every company has X amt of workers, on site) they call the union and go into contract, to get that job done. They have folks "on the bench" (waiting for work), so they go and do that project and then go back "on the bench" ( actually a list). IF we're lucky, we get to go from one project, right to another project( but it's very rare for contractors to coordinate project dates like that), OR a company hires us and keeps us on for long while, but nowadays, since the depression of 2009, that has went away, too. No big deal, gives me a chance to catch up on my "Honey do" list, on the Homestead and shoot more...lol

Last edited by CCHGN; 05-18-2018 at 08:53 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: