View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 05:34 PM

Liked 6,021 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddietruett View Post
I’ve heard people knock the auto drum but I have 2 mounted on separate turrets and found them to be extremely accurate and dependable. Also very easy to adjust.
I run three auto drum dispensers, one each on my .45 and 9mm progressive presses and the third goes back and forth between the .38 progressive and my Turret press (44/40 and .32 auto).

They are so much more reliable than the old auto disk setup I am thinking I really need a forth to complete my setup.

As to the new press: A better priming system than the old Pro 1000, although if you do not already have a safety prime on your Turret it is an added cost (I don’t but I like the look of it).

Does not use the 3 stage pro 1000 shellplate, which again is added cost for the press.

Wooden handle on the lever. I’ve worn out the synthetic one on both my .45 and 9mm presses. They are currently wrapped with duct tape. Hope I can get a wooden one to replace Them.

I did find a YouTube video unboxing the Auto Breach setup which said US $150 shipped ($200 NZ plus additional shipping and taxes). And undoubtably a better press than the 1000.

Last edited by Kiwi cop; 05-18-2018 at 05:47 PM.