View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 06:59 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,154 Times in 7,408 Posts

I had three of those and sold all. And had an Argie one on writer's loan to do a review of. They do shoot well and fit the hand well.

They aren't as durable with a lot of hot ammo as the MK III series, and that's what I'll get if I ever buy another Hi-Power.

I like the CZ-75B maybe better and it's stronger and at least as accurate, and my only 9mm now is a Beretta M-92FS that I really like.

But the Browning is slim for its size and has a lot of history behind it, and prestige.

I saw a Dallas cop wearing a Renaissance Grade one in the 1960's.

My son wore a MK III in Iraq as a security contractor after his Army service there. He found it very effective and it saved his life a few times. The men he shot with it hadn't read that a 9mm is a poor killer...David W. Arnold also told me that 9mm service ball ammo fared pretty well in the bush war in Rhodesia when he was a senior cop there, before coming to the USA to edit gun magazines.

That said, I still prefer Federal's HST or Speer's Gold Dot 9mm JHP loads. Unless penetration is a special need, and then hardball is probably better. Those hotter 9mm ball rounds will penetrate until next payday!

Last edited by Texas Star; 05-18-2018 at 07:04 PM.