View Single Post

Old 05-18-2018, 07:03 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 7,111 Times in 1,896 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster1313 View Post
I got this unrefinished in very good to excellent condition for about $3200 in January 2018

$4000 for a refinished TL does seem high

However, for those of us who will not be getting Registered Magnums, the TL is an excellent "compromise"
Bushmaster1313,

I am so glad you responded!

I recall your thread about your Triple Lock purchased earlier this year. What was interesting about your thread was that the photographs posted for the Gunbroker advertisement clearly did not show the imperfections that were indeed present and obvious in your photographs. I suggested that your Triple Lock was misrepresented; you stated you actually preferred it in its present state as you could now not worry about shooting it.

I was hoping you would respond as it supports the claim that some will pay more for revolvers in slightly lesser condition for these very reasons.

Proof that you are not alone; with all due respect.

At the time, I thought yours was rather high for what it is. I now maybe don't think so as I would much rather spend $3200 for yours than over $4000 for the one refinished in 1952. As refinished, I wouldn't want to be into that one for anywhere near what yours sold for...so, further proof yours is the better of the two, in my opinion.

Last edited by mrcvs; 05-18-2018 at 07:11 PM.