View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 06:35 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 20,594 Times in 8,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneverKnew View Post
Carry in my Model 1917 on a belt brings up a very interesting thought. I've been looking online for various replacement parts for this pistol, specifically the Yoke stop pin and spring. Yes, I finally lost them, or should I say, my son lost them when moving the bowl I had them safely sitting in. Anyway, I see various other caliber cylinders associated with this pistol. The one I am most interested in is the 45 Long Colt. This is supposed to be the same thing as an N Frame right? Is there any reason I couldn't simply swap the 45 ACP cylinder for a 45 LC? I suppose if the barrel is actually designed for the .45 ACP, being .451, that could cause problems. What do you guys say? It would be a great backup defensive sidearm for hunting. We have wild hogs and black bear in our woods.

Anyone have an extra Yoke stop pin and spring? Or know where to find them in stock?
These are too easy to make to hunt for one. Use the shank off of a numbered drill bit that slips easily into the hole in the yoke. Cut off 1/2" and dome one end. Use a Bick lighter spring cut in about half. Install pin with domed end out.

S&WCA #819
The Following 3 Users Like Post: