View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 02:29 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 5,261 Times in 1,885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Harry Callahan View Post
Personally, I have never understood the rationality (or lack thereof) behind the assertion, "I owned one example of a particular product from a company years ago that gave me trouble and therefore I can safely conclude that all of their products must be equally problematic to this day and straight on to eternity."

Seriously, it's like those guys who insist that all Ruger Redhawks are prone to barrel separation because at one point in the 80's they had a problem which has long since been corrected in which the barrels were over-torqued when they were screwed into the frame.

It's one thing to comment in a thread in which someone is on the fence about buying a firearm of a particular brand that you've been soured by said brand due to a negative experience and therefore no longer feel comfortable doing business with them on a personal level, but to go around repeating it anywhere that particular brand is mentioned, insisting that your personal experience indicates beyond a shadow of a doubt that said brand exclusively produces shoddy products, especially in threads in which everyone is having a positive discussion about them, just seems excessively bitter/grudging since it really doesn't contribute anything to the discussion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
Exactly...
Duly noted.