Thread: M617-6
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Banned

Liked 1,609 Times in 660 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstanfield103 View Post
RvShooter, yes revolvers in .22 get dirty. This is not my first revolver or by far my first .22. Spitting lead while shooting is not normal for a properly made revolver and having an 11 degree forcing cone should be normal for any revolver. This one has 0 degree forcing cone. Lead build up with a little over 50 rounds to the extent this one had was abnormal. Shooting competitions really don't mean a dang thing other than you shoot them. So you really don't know what is broke and what isn't. You are way to quick in judging other people that you don't know anything about. S&W will tell me if it is broke or normal and if it is normal than it will going out the door.
What exactly were you shooting at and at what distance? if you were shooting steel plates outdoors then it is not unusual to get hit on occasion by a lead fragment. especially if the plates were pitted. Are you sure that you weren't getting hit by lead fragments from the backstop? Because again, as someone who has competed from many years, I have lost blood from getting hit from bullet fragments on various parts of my body. I just came back home from a 22 steel plate match today. Guess what? me and 3 other guys were shooting 6" model 617's and you know what? All 4 revolvers have leading above the forcing cone, grit under the extractor star. Too much grit and the cylinder is hard to close, wipe the grit off with your T shirt and it's smooth as silk again. But there are some people out there that may not know this and feel that something is wrong with their revolver. Empties hard to extract? Run a bore snake down them and your good as gold again... Competition means experience my friend. I have seen these "issues" so many times it's not even funny.

Who told you that the forcing cone on a model 617 is supposed to be at 11°? where did yo get that from? You didn't even know about the leading above the forcing cone being normal for this pistol until you finally researched it and now all forcing cones should have a 11° bevel in them? I tell you what, I'll gladly buy your 617 from you when it comes back from S&W.

Last edited by RGVshooter; 05-19-2018 at 06:15 PM.