Thread: M617-6
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 09:36 PM

Liked 323 Times in 165 Posts

RGVshooter,
I am not new to shooting. All my plates are angled down and I learned early in life to wait till they stop swinging before you shoot them again. If you are getting hit from you're steel plates with lead, then you should re-evaluate the way you and you're friends are shooting those steel plates and should add a few more so that they are finished swing before you shoot that plate again. I was shooting at 25 yards like I always shoot my plates. But I was also shooting paper and getting splatters from that also. My cylinder was not hard to open at all or I would have wiped the dirt from it. I know 22's are dirty but not with the first 20 rounds out of a gun that was clean when you started.
As for the 11 degree on the forcing cone, I looked at my other 22 pistol which I never get leading or splattered on from no matter how many rounds I shoot. It has the 11 degree. Plus I did read up on it. You know I am not just out of diapers either. I have a lot of experience with all kinds of guns. Smith & Wesson may not do a dang thing to it, which is fine. I will just probably get rid of it and buy my usual brand and move on. I hope not though. I hope they will fix it right so I do not get the spattering or the lead build up that it is getting. I would like to own a S&W and be proud of it. Not own one that you have a hard time hitting the barn door with and or get splattered on every time you pull the trigger.

Last edited by jstanfield103; 05-19-2018 at 09:37 PM.