View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 11:51 PM

Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts

UPDATE: I replaced my stock loaded chamber indicator (LCI) with the Apex NO PROFILE loaded chamber indicator in my five inch 2.0 in .40 cal. The weak and erratic ejection I was having is gone. The Apex No Profile LCI basically does away with the whole loaded chamber indicator. It just fills in the gap. Now it's just like the compact models...there is the same sized small hole to view in to see if there is a round in the chamber. The OEM LCI by Smith and Wesson touches the bullet casing, and affects the ejection of the spent casing. I had occasional weak ejection, and it was erratic on where the casings would go. Occasionally spent casings were coming back to the brim of my hat or on top of my head. BUT NO MORE HA !!! I was correct in my assumption of that's what was causing the problem. With the Apex No Profile LCI installed, the spent casings all eject strong and land in the same spot...a nice little pile of brass easy to pick up. The five inch model (mine is a .40 cal) only ejects the spent casings about half the distance of the compact model. I'm guessing the weight of the longer slide may be the reason for it. But the five inch barreled pistol is throwing the casings a good 7 or 8 feet away now - which is plenty strong enough ejection. Very disappointed Smith put a LCI that negatively effects the ejection of the spent casings, but very happy Apex sells a $19.00 part that fixes it. I highly recommend switching to the Apex. Does it effect Smith's warranty ? I don't know...I also don't care...love all 3 of my 2.0 M&P's. (.40 compact...9mm compact...5 inch .40 cal) Now if you will excuse me, I have two 2.0 pistols to clean after 500 rounds of flawless fun in the sun shooting. Hope this helps someone scratching their head about why their five inch 2.0 ejects so erratic. Carry on... : )