Thread: M617-6
View Single Post

Old 05-20-2018, 09:22 AM
Banned

Liked 4,549 Times in 2,011 Posts

[QUOTE=jstanfield103;140041266]nachogrande

I am not a competitive shooter, I would not enjoy that what so ever.

But I would *** NEVER*** be shooting steel and have the targets splattering me. getting splatter just does not seem like a very good idea to me.

but I am not a competition shooter.

Pardon my picking apart your post.
I've had a bunch of things that I have said I would NEVER do or try, and ended up regretting it, for 1 reason or another. NEVER is a LONG TIME & nobody knows what the future holds, nor what you may like, until you try it. Splatter is a fact of life in steel challenge & It seems I've been hit "about" every time I've done it. Never has splatter caused any real pain, or made me bleed. As always mandatory eye/ear protection is a good idea. IMO if you want a gun you can shoot for a VERY long time, a Ruger MK series might be my 1st pick, horrible trigger and all, for that type of use the 617 MAY BE a bad choice FOR YOU. My first 617 (a 6" ) never had any issues with build up (within reason, cuz I don't let guns shoot 22's for 1,000's of rounds without at the very least a good brush out), the 4" 10-6 otoh does have build up @ around 2-300 rounds. IF this is your 1st 617, I'd suggest remaining calm, & PERHAPS LISTENING to others that have owned many 617's & for a longtime, until you hear from the Mothership. THEN decide if you want to head on down the road.